Wednesday 17 October 2012

I'm officially employed

So only 2 weeks into our Canadian adventure and I have landed a job. I'm so happy and totally didn't expect it to be this easy. As we were driving around the last few weeks I had been noticing signs advertising a new Star Wars exhibition at the Edmonton World of Science and made a mental note to go on their website to check it out. I am a huge Star Wars fan - as is D.

One of the signs that drew me in... the force was with me!

As fate would have it, the exhibition was not open yet but they were in the process of hiring staff to run it, oh hells yeah! So I submitted my resume, went in and blitzed the interview (as I so often do) and received a call the next day offering me a different position to what i'd applied for that was a bit more involved and not actually part of the Star Wars exhibit but paid the same (a measly but above minimum wage of $11.50 per hr!).... hmmm what to do. Screw it, I needed work so I accepted.

The centre

I would be working as a box office assistant where I was responsible for selling tickets and providing assistance to visitors to the centre. A definite step down from the job I left at home but I'm not here to better my career or start a new one.

My first day of work, and my new Steve Madden work shoes - cute!!

The centre is about 30 mins and I have to transfer busses once but I don't care. I am employed in Canada, and in a Star Wars context - GO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment