Friday 10 May 2013

Happy Anniversary

This week on the 9th May we celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary and 13 years together. I can't believe that next year we will have been together for half of our lives! I really can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else but D. We are so lucky to have found each other so young and our relationship is the one thing in my life I have ALWAYS been sure about, even when others didn't agree or thought we were just stupid kids who knew nothing about love or life.

For the most part we are total opposites and fight like there is no tomorrow, but we always forgive and forget and are able to move forward yelling and laughing all the way.

D and I on our wedding day and our first dance song lyrics above. It's true.

We usually don't get up to much on this special date as we always have something bigger cooking (mostly overseas holidays) and this year was no different. Our trip to Alaska was coming up fast and due to my gums still healing from the wisdom tooth removal an expensive night away or dinner wasn't really on the cards. KFC was the order of the day (it usually is, well that or pizza hut) and I pretty much had to suck the chicken as I still couldn't chew anything.

Almost our anniversary tradition, I am an avid KFC fan although not so much the Canadian version. Australian KFC is MUCH better.

We just sat out on the balcony enjoying the sun and the solitude. Finally feeling like we are on the right path and have a good plan for our future. The weather is getting warmer and leaves are coming out on all the trees our anniversary really is at a nice time of year, as it is back on the Gold Coast - I think the best time of year. Life is good.

Almost can't believe my eyes the leaves are starting to come out and summer is on it's way. The summer of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment