Monday 6 May 2013

No more wisdom for me...

About 10 hours from now the pain in the ass that are my wisdom teeth will be removed.

I have never had any form of surgery so i'm pretty apprehensive about it but glad that it's finally happening at the same time. I'm getting general anesthetic so I won't be awake but it's still scary for me as it's the unknown. D has arranged to be home with me for the next few days to look after my sorry ass and probably laugh when I swell up all chipmunk style. I will do a post surgery entry too and if D can sneak any photos of my state I may include them so we can all have a good laugh.

Wish me luck......


UPDATE (8/5/13)
Well I survived!! The horrid wisdom teeth that have plagued me for years are goneskiiii!!! I'm feeling awesome. The general anesthetic was nothing to be worried about at all. Very painless and zen, not scary or uncomfortable. All I remember is asking for some of their disposable gloves for my fake tan and then waking up looking at the clock hahaha. My recovery so far has been really good. I'm just eating mashed potatoes and yogurt but even managed a few m&ms last night.

Honestly i'm not experiencing ANY pain, just a little discomfort at the extraction sites and certainly nothing and I mean NOTHING in comparison to what I experienced when the teeth were abscessed in the past. Can't believe I endured so much pain in the fear of having them pulled when having them out was the much less painful way to go! I was expecting some more swelling but I don't look any different, no chipmunk style for me yippeeee! The wisdom teeth saga is finally over for me, now I just need to look after the teeth I have left -  i've now had 8 pulled in total!


This was a few hours after the surgery - no swelling! I just love my old fashioned ice packs too - they made recovery pretty and fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment