Saturday 16 February 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

My first birthday celebrated outside Australia was this week. Usually I get together with my family & friends and have a party, or dinner or a BBQ. I was feeling a little depressed about turning 27 as well as being away from most of the poeple who usually make me feel special.... so I didn't feel all that excited about it.

I share my birthday with Vaentines Day and this year moreso than ever before it really pissed me off. It's probably because Valentines Day is SO MUCH BIGGER here in North America than it is back in Australia and I was left feeling not so special after all. It sounds so selfish I know but I couldn't help it. I felt a tinge of guilt for not getting D anything for Valentines but then decided he doesn't have to get me anything on his birthday so why should I get him anything. I think from now on we will celebrate Valentines Day on February 15th because I felt like a right bitch! I understand how people born on Christmas Day feel now!

For my birthday I went and got a much needed pedicure and manicure - the dry air and constant closed in shoes had left my feet very unhappy! Then D bought me a beautiful orchid for my bedside table plus chocolates and pecan pie (YUM). Then we went to lunch at Boston Pizza (an institution here in Canada) where they do heart shaped pizzas every VDay followed by a movie - Safe Haven which was a book by Nicholas Sparks that I read a couple of years ago.


Heart shaped pizza :)

Chocolates & orchids from my sweetheart

I bought a cute pair of tan wedges and then we walked around a thrift store in Airdrie where I found an awesome vintage suitcase for $3 which I intend on re-lining (maybe with some discontinued fabrics from work) and putting my cosmetics in. D also worked a bit of overtime last week  so I could enrol in a photography course for my birthday which i'll explain more in another post.

All in all it was a good birthday but I still can't believe i'm 27... I think I still have a lot of growing up to do yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment